Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blue Moon, you knew just what I was there for...



You heard me saying a prayer for...
Glluten-free pizza I could care for


With apologies to Rodgers and Hart (and everyone who recorded it,) I think of that song every time I think of Blue Moon Pizza in Marietta and Vinings (We visited the one just off I-285 at the S. Atlanta Road exit).

A few weeks ago, my Gluten-Free Gurl Jennifer Harris invited me to meet her for lunch at Blue Moon. I'd heard and read the raves for the pizza there, but we were in search of the gluten-free pizza. Jennifer and another of the GFGs, the fabulous Julie Arens of Outback in Roswell, had tried it, and I knew I had to try it, too.

See that beautiful pizza? I gotta say, it is THE BEST gluten-free pizza I've ever had. The. Best. Ever. And I also tried the cheesy bread, which is JGF's favorite there.

The crust was crispy, the meaty toppings fresh, and the whole thing was just amazing...


This is Kelvin!

I met Kelvin Slater, who the proprietor with his wife Mandy, and I congratulated him on the great product. There's a lot of neat stuff about their menu and motive on their beautiful website, too. That's a great feature there about JGF, too!

Blue Moon Pizza's motto is, "life should be less ordinary". The gluten-free pizza sure isn't ordinary -- it's extraordinary.

Much love, and can't wait to go back next weekend!

Ging

Here's the hot slice:

The menu: (my gluten-eaters loved it, too. They had a bacon cheeseburger pizza)

2 Great Locations!

Marietta Store:
Phone: 770-984-2444
Fax: 770-818-2496
2359 Windy Hill Rd
Marietta, GA 30067
(1 mile west of I-75) Vinings Store:
Phone: 770-436-4446
Fax 770-436-4406
4600 West Village Place
Smyrna, GA 30080
(South Atlanta Rd. at I-285)

Follow them on Twitter @Bluemoonpizza and tell them Ging sent you!

email: contactus@bluemoonpizzaatl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment